Weddings are emotionally charged events, making them an extremely lucrative opportunity for small accommodation providers.
Indeed, brides and grooms search high and low for the perfect venue that will serve as the special backdrop for memories they will cherish for many years to come.
Here are some facts to consider:
- About 2.6 million weddings are performed each year in the US;
- 50% of all couples end up spending more on their wedding than they had originally budgeted for; and,
- In 2014, the average cost of a US wedding is between $28K-$30K (honeymoon not included).
Because it’s a once-in-a-lifetime occasion, brides and grooms are willing to spend with extravagance, allowing their imaginations to run wild.
What is your inn doing to capitalize on weddings?
If you think that your small property couldn’t possibly be chosen as a wedding venue, think again.
Destination weddings have become very popular over the years, with couples choosing to tie the knot in small, intimate venues. In fact, over 24% of weddings that took place in the US in 2014 were destination weddings.
And for that intimate setting, couples are increasingly looking to boutique bed and breakfasts, inns, lodges and guesthouses.
Holding weddings at your inn will boost revenue, increase occupancy and have all your rooms booked out for longer periods of time.
Here are some simple things you can prepare and put in place at your inn to attract the wedding guests.
Innkeep by day, plan weddings by night
Brides and grooms are already stressed out about their big day, so the easier you make it for them the better!
If you provide additional wedding services that take the hassle out of wedding planning, couples will be more inclined to hold their wedding at your small property.
This is also a great way to involve other local businesses. Create a hit list for your wedding guests of all the services they may require by partnering with local suppliers. But remember – everyone is on a certain budget, so provide a few options to cater to all budgets.
Your list should include the following services:
- Musicians of types that are available
- Wedding cake suppliers
- Wedding planners
- Decoration suppliers
No one knows your local area better than you! Having all this information prepared for wedding guests would make it very easy for them to plan their wedding at your small property.
Find your fairytale
What makes your small property special?
For those treasured moments, brides and grooms are on the lookout for romance.
All it takes is a few tweaks and adjustments of your small property’s common areas to recreate the fantasy that is so vivid in fairytales.
- Plant beautiful bushes and floral assortments in the garden area.
- Add some vintage furniture and curtains with drapes to some of the common areas.
- Invest into some inexpensive chairs and tables to set up for the celebrations.
With just a few simple additions to your property, you will be able to dream up a romantic scene for wedding guests.
Tailor your offering
Couples want the wedding of their dreams and to pick and choose exactly what they have envisioned. Be sure to cater to all budget ranges so that you can attract all types of wedding guests.
Here is where you can get creative with the packages you have on offer.
- Have a basic wedding package, which could be very simple and include room hire for the ceremony for a certain amount of guests and an officiant all the way to a package that would include everything.
- Create a midweek wedding package that is priced cheaper to roll in the wedding guests on your low occupancy days.
- Create an extra charge for additional guests. You will be able to charge a higher fee for larger number of guests at your property.
- Create add on extras so that wedding guests can select what they desire, such as a champagne toast package or a tiered cake package and so on.
The opportunities are endless when creating wedding packages and extras, but of course you will need to have a good booking engine to create packages on.
Little Hotelier’s booking engine will allow you to sell your rooms with a range of packages and offers to your guests to choose from at the time of making a reservation.
See for yourself how Little Hotelier’s booking engine works by watching these detailed product demo videos.