Chimes Spa Retreat

Reading time 2 mins

Share with your community:


80% direct website reservations for Chimes Spa Retreat after championing Little Hotelier

Chimes Spa Retreat is an award-winning private country hotel that has been around for almost 20 years, with their first day of trading being Christmas Eve of 1995.

Located in picturesque Denmark, Western Australia, the retreat focuses on the romance market, making it the perfect getaway spot for couples.

Owners Kane and Michelle pride themselves on the relaxing and welcoming nature the retreat offers guests.

80% of our bookings are now being made direct on our website and the remaining 20% are through our distribution channels.

The Challenge

Business was going well for Chimes Spa Retreat. In fact, they were the first private country hotel in Western Australia to be awarded with a 5 star rating.

However, Kane and Michelle had administrative issues. They spent countless hours manually updating their inventory as a result of the front desk and channel manager they were using. The two systems simply did not work together.

Kane explains that he “knew there had to be an easier way…” and began his search for an easy to use front desk system that also offered channel manager capabilities.,

The Solution

Kane explains that he came across ‘SiteMinder’ as leading technology when searching for a channel manager, and after more research it was clear that an all-in-one front desk solution like Little Hotelier would solve his administrative challenges.

Kane explains,

“It ticked all the right boxes… It’s fantastic having all our bookings automated. Also, the fact the front desk system and channel manager work together is brilliant! We don’t have to do anything.”

Kane also liked the way that Little Hotelier was priced in comparison to his old system, which would charge commissions on reservations received through his own website.

“I think it’s great that Little Hotelier only charges a monthly fee.”,

The Results

With Little Hotelier, Chimes Spa Retreat have seen an increase in direct online bookings:

Kane is also able to maintain a clearer overview of his business.

“Little Hotelier’s calendar gives me an instant visual of what we have going on in the next two weeks.”

Little Hotelier enables Chimes Spa Retreat to quickly process bookings, so that Kane can spend more of his time on revenue-generating activities.

hotel reservation system demo
Download printable PDF

We recommend the following articles for you

Apple Pay for hotels: Implementation guide for small hotels
Increase your revenue

Apple Pay for hotels: Implementation guide for small hotels

Guest registration: Guide for hotels 
Running your property

Guest registration: Guide for hotels 

Property management app: Uses and basic functions
Running your property

Property management app: Uses and basic functions

Back to top

Join 20,000+ hoteliers and get weekly property management tips & insights.