We find ourselves again wondering how a year went by so fast! While 2022 was another huge step in the recovery for the travel and tourism industries, many challenges were still posed for small accommodation providers.
We can’t make any promises about the outlook for 2023, but we can promise one thing – that we remain a constant source of knowledge and tips for our readers, so small businesses can feel equipped to tackle any bumps in the road that they encounter. It’s been a big 12 months, with close to 200 blogs published across five languages!
Below you’ll find three blogs that hoteliers found particularly helpful and a guide we think you’ll be able to use in the upcoming year.
Before we look at the top blogs overall, here are three that hoteliers found fascinating for different reasons:
- People were curious about the ins and outs of tech – How Do Hotel Reservation Systems Work? was viewed by more than 10,000 individual readers in 2022
- Housekeeping was a priority – Readers spent an average of 6:31 poring over Hotel housekeeping: A complete guide for your business
- Marketing remains a powerful tool – Hotel marketing for small properties: Easy tips to get it right proved to be the most popular blog we sent out on email this year
Top 3 blogs in 2022
Now, onto the 2022 podium! Our top three most viewed blogs this year were:
- Hotel check in: Your complete guide to procedures, strategies, and software
- How to start a bed and breakfast: Complete guide for owner/operators
- How to calculate your B&B’s average room rate and other revenue metrics [free calculators]
If you missed any of the great resources, we hope you check them out – or find even more at www.littlehotelier.com/blog.
Top guide for 2023 planning
Don’t forget we also released the Changing Traveller Report 2022: Small accommodation edition. This will help you understand the needs and motivations of travellers from all around the world as they plan their next trip.
Download your free copy.
By Dean Elphick
Dean is the Senior Content Marketing Specialist of Little Hotelier, the all-in-one software solution purpose-built to make the lives of small accommodation providers easier. Dean has made writing and creating content his passion for the entirety of his professional life, which includes more than six years at Little Hotelier. Through content, Dean aims to provide education, inspiration, assistance, and, ultimately, value for small accommodation businesses looking to improve the way they run their operations (and live their life).
Table of contents