Website Accessibility Statement
This Accessibility Statement applies to the www.siteminder.com and www.littlehotelier.com websites operated by SiteMinder Limited ACN 121 931 744 of Bond Store 3, 30 Windmill Street, Millers Point NSW 2000, Australia (SiteMinder).
Measures to support accessibility
We are committed to making our websites accessible to people with disabilities. As such, we have included, via the UserWay Accessibility Widget, the ability to:
- change colours, contract levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- modify the spacing of text
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility, we know that there are some limitations to the websites:
- The text will not reflow in a single column when you change the size of the browser window
- You cannot modify the line heights
- Most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- Live video streams do not have captions
- Some of our online forms are difficult to navigate using just a keyboard
- There’s a limit to how far you can magnify the map on our ‘contact us’ page
If you need information on the websites in a different format, please let us know.
- Email: [email protected]
- Call: Australia – 1300 736 198; International – +61 2 9221 4444
We will consider your requests and use reasonable efforts to get back to you within 48 hours.
We are always looking to improve the accessibility of our websites. If you find any problems not listed in this Accessibility Statement or think we are not meeting accessibility requirements, please let us know.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities.
WCAG’s four main principles state that websites should be:
- Perceivable – Information and user interface components must be presentable to users in ways they can perceive.
- Operable – User interface components and navigation must be operable.
- Understandable – Information and the operation of user interface must be understandable.
- Robust – Content must be robust enough that it can be interpreted reliably by a wide variety of user agents, including assistive technologies.
Our websites are partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Work towards full compliance began in 2020 and will complete in 2021. The compliance program started with an audit of the websites and recommendations on how to remedy impediments to accessibility. Some examples of already implemented changes are skip to content links, keyboard navigation of forms, and captioning of some video content.