- Before you can add Airbnb to your Little Hotelier Channel Manager
- Connecting Airbnb to your Little Hotelier Channel Manager
- Mapping your Room Rates to Airbnb
- Syncing your Airbnb active listing with the Channel Manager
Before you can add Airbnb to your Little Hotelier Channel Manager
- Request to connect to Airbnb by visiting our website. Little Hotelier needs to enable some features before you can proceed to the next step.
- If you have an existing account with Airbnb, log into this account and have it open in a separate tab before you continue adding Airbnb to the Little Hotelier Channel Manager. If you don’t have an Airbnb account, you will need to create a new account with Airbnb and leave it logged in in a separate tab.
Connecting Airbnb to your Little Hotelier Channel Manager
- From your Little Hotelier Front Desk, click My Apps in the upper right corner of your screen and switch to Channel Manager. This will take you to the Little Hotelier Channel Manager.
- Click CHANNELS.
- Click on the Connect New Channel button.
- Select Airbnb from the list of booking channels.
- The Channel Connection Wizard will guide you through the setup process as outlined below:
- Step1: Accept the terms and conditions that have been outlined by Airbnb.
- Step 2: You will need to Authorise Little Hotelier Channel Manager to make changes to your Airbnb account. Tick Confirm and click Authorise listing on Airbnb. You will be redirected to the authorization screen, where you will need to tick I agree then click Allow. You will then return to The Channel Manager and continue with the Channel Connection Wizard.
- Step 3: The Hotel Details listed here are derived from your property details set up in the Front Desk. Fields that are not in the Front Desk will need to be updated in the Channel Connection Wizard. Please check that the information is correct and update it when required.
- Step 4: Here you can enter your Channel Settings for Airbnb. The information entered here will be displayed on all of the listings you create for Airbnb.
Note: Cancellation Policy is a mandatory field.
For assistance, click the icons next to each field.
- Step 5: Enter a Rate Multiplier if required.
- Step 6: Review the summary displayed and click Finish. A pop-up window appears indicating that the connection has been established. You will be asked to enable the channel through the Channel Settings button.
- Click the Channel Settings button from the pop-up window.
- Select Enabled.
- Click Save.
Mapping your Room Rates to Airbnb
When mapping your rooms to Airbnb, you will be given the option to Map to an active listing or Create a new listing. If you are creating a new listing, the information entered into The Channel Manager in the room mapping process will be used to create the listing on Airbnb.
Every Room Rate you map to Airbnb will create a listing on the channel.
In the Channel Manager:
- Click CHANNELS
- Click Airbnb and select CONFIGURE from the drop-down list
- Click Map to Airbnb next to the Room Rate you wish to map
- If you have existing listings on Airbnb, you will be given the option to Map to an active listing or Create a new listing. When mapping to an active listing, the Channel Manager will retrieve the listing details from Airbnb and populate the applicable fields. When creating a new listing, you will need to enter all the required fields.
Enter the details required to map the Room Rate. For assistance click the next to each field.
Note: Setting Start Updating Channel to Yes will enable the Room Rate. Setting this to No will leave it disabled (no details will be sent to the channel for this Room Rate until it is enabled).
A minimum of 7 media items must be selected. You can reorder the images and add captions by going to your Account Menu found in the upper right corner of the channel manager >> HOTEL SETTINGS >> MEDIA.
For every new listing, Airbnb will evaluate each listing to ensure that it meets the criteria. This may take up to 5 business days. Once your listing is approved, you will be notified by the channel via email and the listing will start appearing in search results on airbnb.com. You can then manage your Airbnb listing from The Channel Manager.
If your listing is rejected, you will have an opportunity to fix all the errors and resubmit it for approval. For more information, see: Airbnb Rejected My Listing
Syncing your Airbnb active listing with the Channel Manager
If you are mapping to an active listing, you will need to sync your Channel Manager listing to an Airbnb listing to complete the connection.
- Log into your Airbnb account and click on the Host tab.
- Select Listings from the drop-down menu.
- Click The Channel Manager Sync. Here you will see the listing(s) you have just created on The Channel Manager.
- Under the heading Airbnb listing, select the listing you wish to sync to the Channel Manager listing.
- Under the heading Sync settings, select if you would like to sync Everything or a Limited sync option.
- Everything – manage Airbnb content, rates and availability from The Channel Manager.
- Limited – The Channel Manager will only send rates and availability to Airbnb. You can continue updating content i.e. hotel details, images from Airbnb.
- Click Publish. Your listing will only be live after you have clicked publish in the Airbnb extranet.
You will now be able to manage your Airbnb listing from The Channel Manager. If you require any assistance with syncing your listing in Airbnb, please contact your Airbnb account manager.
Note: If you disconnect or unmap an Airbnb listing in The Channel Manager, the listing will be deleted on the channel.